WORLD’S BEST-SELLING CRITICAL CARE VENTILATOR
Puritan Bennett 840 ventilators supply a good base on which to construct your ideal ventilation solution. With the addition of innovative technology upgrades that are optional, the Puritan Bennett 840 ventilators can meet with the specific needs of every kind you care to get –out of neonatal patients.
For use in providing ventilatory support from the hospital environment.
The Puritan Bennett 840 Ventilator System is the flagship product in Covidien’s lineup of critical care ventilators. It provides comfort and is responsive, providing sensitive, breaths that are precise through adult patients. The Puritan Bennett® 840™ Ventilator System offers exceptional comfort, delivering flashes that are sensitive through adult patients. For use in supplying neonate support in the hospital environment.
The Puritan Bennett 840 ventilator contains our PAV™*+ applications, a breath form that better manages a patient’s work of breathing and encourages more natural breathing in contrast to traditional mechanical ventilation.
The Puritan Bennett 840 ventilator system with Leak Compensation applications is available now and is intended for use in hospitals and comparable medical care centers. It might be utilized in facilities during transportation if gas sources and electrical power are readily available.
Puritan Bennett 840 Ventilators Includes:
- New Battery
- New Air and Oxygen Hoses
- Circuit Arm
- Power Cord
- Operators Manual
- One (1) Year Limited Warranty
- RTA Cart Assy
- Backup Power Source (BPS)
- Support Arm Assy
- Oxygen Hose DISS
- Air Hose DISS
- Hospital Grade AC Power Cord
- Operators Manual (CD)
- Letter Of Re-Certification
- Expiratory Disposable Filter (D/X800)
- Limited 90-Day Warranty On Parts & Labor
- *Compressor And NeoMode
- Technological Sophistication – With its high-performance pneumatics, dual-microprocessor electronics and DualView™ touchscreens.
- Upgradeable – The 840 Ventilator can be upgraded and customized with various software options to meet your clinical needs, today and in the future.
- Enhanced noninvasive ventilation (NIV) that improves comfort for patients and performance for clinicians. Designed for use on patients with a stable respiratory drive.
- Seamless Communications – The 840 Ventilator supports communication with all major patient monitoring and hospital information systems. It provides seamless electronic data transfer into a patient’s medical record.
- When used with Clinivision® Mobile Patient Charting software, the package provides clinicians the opportunity to practice evidence-based medicine.
- Low Cost of Ownership – The 840 Ventilator is designed with rugged and reliable components. Its modular design provides easy serviceability.
- Best-in-class Service – Puritan Bennett offers one of the most comprehensive field service programs in the ventilator industry. Our Customer Service Engineers are dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to our ventilator customers.
Puritan Bennett 840 Specifications
- Height: 56 In (142.24 cm)
- Width (Wheels in outmost position): 28.5 In (72.39 cm)
- Depth (Wheels in outmost position): 29.5 In (74.93 cm)
- Weight: 162.7 lbs (73.8 kg)
- Operating Time: A new, fully charged 1-hour BPS can operate the ventilator for at least one hour. This 1-hour BPS will not run the compressor or a humidifier. It is recommended that the 1-hour battery pack be replaced every two years.
- Recharge Time: 20-Hours while connected to AC Power
Gas Mixing System
- Range of flow from the mixing system: Can be set to 150 L/min standard temperature and pressure, dry (STPD). Additional flow is available (up to 30 L/min for neonatal circuit type, up to 80 L/min for pediatric circuit type, and up to 200 L/min for adult circuit type) for compliance compensation.
- Leakage from one gas system to another: Meets standard
- Operating pressure range: 35 to 100 psi (241 to 690 kPa)
- Air/oxygen regulator bleed: Up to 3 L/min
Oxygen and Air Inlet Supplies
- Pressure: 241 to 690 kPa (35 to 100 psi)
- Flow: Maximum of 200 L/min
Max Limited Pressure
- 127.5 cmH2O (125 hPa)
Max Working Pressure
- 100 cmH2O (98.1 hPa), ensured by high pressure limit
- 90 cmH2O (pressure-based ventilation)
Minute Volume (VE TOT) Capability
- 25 to 75 L/min
Bacteria Filter Efficiency
- 99.97% for nominal particle size of 0.3 μm (micron) at 100 L/min
- Breath type, delivered O2, end expiratory pressure, end-inspiratory pressure, exhaled minute volume, exhaled tidal volume, I:E ratio, maximum circuit pressure, mean circuit pressure, spontaneous minute volume, total respiratory rate, rapid shallow breathing index, spontaneous respiratory time.
- Modes: Assist/Control, synchronous intermittent mandatory ventilation, or spontaneous
- Respiratory Rates: 1.0 to 100/min
- Inspiratory Pressure: 5 to 90 cm H2O
- Inspiratory Time: 0.2 to 8.0 seconds
- I:E Ratio: ≤ 1:299-4.00:1
- Expiratory Time: Te ≥ 0.2 second
- PEEP: 0 to 45 cm H2O
- Apnea Insp. Pressure: 5 to 90 cm H2O
- Apnea Insp. Time: 0.2 to 8.0 seconds
- Apnea Interva:l 10 to 60 seconds
- Apnea Resp. Rate: 2.0 to 40/min
- Apnea I:E Ratio: ≤ 1.00:1
- Apnea Exp. Time: ≥ 0.2 second
- High Circuit Pressure: 7 to 100 cm H2O
- High Exhaled Min. Vol: 0.1 to 99.9L or OFF
- High Exhaled Tidal Vol: 50 to 3000mL or OFF
- High Respiratory Rate: 10 to 110/min or OFF
- Low Exhaled MandatoryTidal Vol: 5 to 2500 mL or OFF
- Low Exhaled Min. Vol: 0.01 to 60.0L
- Low Exhaled Spontaneous Tidal Vol: 5 to 2500 mL or OFF